1. Background Checks of Drivers. We conduct criminal and driving record
background checks on all Personal drivers. Here’s what we check for:
- No felonies or misdemeanors that present a danger to the public in the last 7 years.
- No major moving violations, such as reckless driving or driving with
- a suspended license, in the last 3 years.
- No DUIs or drug-related traffic offenses in the last 7 years.
- Drivers are re-screened every 3 months for driving record and annually for criminal record.
2. Your ride is backed by solid insurance.
- Drivers’ personal auto insurance must meet or exceed state requirements.
- In accord with CPUC requirements, Summon has commercial liability insurance of $1 million per incident in case of incidents involving Summon personal drivers and their vehicles.
- Summon taxi and commercial drivers have their own commercial insurance as required by the SFMTA for taxi drivers and the CPUC for TCP drivers.
3. We Keep a File on Every Driver.
- We verify and keep copies of each driver’s license number, registration, personal auto insurance, and pictures of their car.
4. Vehicle Requirements.
- Drivers must have a 4-door, 2006 or newer vehicle model.
5. In-Person Training.
- We meet all drivers in person before they can give rides.
- We incorporate driver and passenger safety into our driver training.
6. Ratings & Support.
- Rate your driver after every ride so that he or she gets regular feedback. We don’t keep drivers with low ratings.
- Have a safety issue that we should hear about? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Support from within the app for urgent matters.